Dexter Sway Control Proportional power to left side & right side braking for quicker & smoother correction.
Please note that this item must be installed by a licensed Dexter trained technician. This item is not available for purchase online.
The causes and effects of trailer sway can be extremely complicated. The technology needed to monitor, measure and react to trailer sway is also very complex.
But the best products always have one thing in common; they are elegant in their simplicity.
Dexter Sway Control (DSC) uses advanced technology to control trailer sway. The DSC has highly complex measuring instruments and computing power which allow it to always be on the alert for trailer sway and to rapidly bring it under control through the electric brakes fitted to your RV.
But, where DSC really shows off its beautiful design is once it is properly installed. After that, it does all its work without any input or intervention needed. It’s smart enough to just quietly do its job of taming trailer sway.
How it works
- It has a proprietary algorithm which is used to determine the difference between quick steering to avoid a road obstacle (or other such circumstances) and the rapid onset of a trailer swaying event.
- It measures the angle, travel distance and speed of the lateral motion of the trailer (and other parameters) and uses this information to quickly intervene with the application of trailer brakes.
- The processing capability of the DSC is powerful and rapid. It captures all the critical elements of the swaying condition and uses this information to predict how the event will proceed without any driver intervention.
- It uses this data to get ahead of the event by applying the brakes on the correct side of the trailer, in a timely manner, with the proper braking level for the required duration.
- This quickly dampens and brings the trailer sway under control.
Dexter Sway Control is based on the same technology used in automotive vehicle stability systems.
Please note that this item must be installed by a licensed Dexter trained technician.
PLEASE NOTE – THIS ITEM MUST BE INSTALLED BY QUALIFIED FITTER ONSITE AT OUR WORKSHOP LOCATION.
THIS ITEM IS NOT SOLD WITHOUT BEING INSTALLED BY NORTHERN RV.