There are many regulations concerning your plumbing and electrical installation in your caravan or motorhome.

The best solution for you is to consult* with us during construction and let us do the work correctly from the start. Otherwise you may be up for the cost of removing an illegal installation and a new installation.

Please view some of the public information available from Energy Safe Victoria** to gain an initial understanding of some of the regulations.

Imported RV’s are required to have an Australian gas compliance certificate before being registered for use, some imports require full removal of gas appliances and gas fitting lines, make sure you do your homework before purchasing an imported RV. If you have an imported RV, bring it to us for a 12 Point Safety Check so we can inspect and inform you of all plumbing and electrical requirements for compliance.

We can also organize Engineers Certificates for your motorhome, which is required prior to registering your motorhome. The engineer will require the Gas Compliance Certificate, Certificate of Electrical Safety and a weigh bridge certificate stating the weight on each axle. The engineer will inspect the fit out, and may require information regarding some of the installation details.

Northern RV Services can also meet your installation needs in your commercial catering vehicles. Please call for a detailed quote.

*Charges may apply
**Regulations for gas installations can vary from state to state